Hiking package at Tofta Manor / Tofta Herrgård
Combine manor life with an amazing nature experience in Bohuslän. Our manor, Tofta Herrgård, is situated right next to the Tofta nature reserve with hiking trails along the coast, through forests and across meadows. Enjoy hiking on the Swedish West Coast combined with great food in a unique environment.
We’ll provide you with a packed afternoon “fika” (that’s Swedish for coffee and a bite to eat) that you can enjoy in the beautiful surroundings of Tofta Herrgård. The nature reserve offers varied and easy walks across flowering meadows and bare cliffs by the sea. There are several lookout points with benches and tables along the hiking trails – in other spots, nature offers its own seating areas. There are opportunities for everything from easy walks on gravel roads and horse-riding trails to slightly more difficult trails along the cliffs at the outermost tip of the Tofta peninsula.
Check in at the manor reception. Then you’ll pick up your backpack that we have filled with afternoon “fika” (that’s Swedish for coffee and a bite to eat) and a map of the hiking trails here at Tofta. We are happy to help you with tips and advice!
You can pick up your backpack from 2 PM. Check-in hotel room from 3 PM.
- Your backpack contains sitting mat, coffee and/or tea in a thermos, mugs, a water bottle, sandwich/roll and bun/muffin. Please let us know in the comments section if you prefer tea or coffee, as well as any special dietary requirements.
- Do you want to hike day 2, or are staying several days - you are welcome to pick your own hiking "fika" from the breakfastbuffet. You get a lunch box & thermos from us. In bad weather, or perhaps if you stay more nights with us, you are welcome to change your hiking "fika" to afternoon coffee in the mansion.
- At 7pm (7:30 during Summer), we serve the evening’s three-course menu, based on the best seasonal local produce the chef can find.
- After a good night’s sleep in one of our hotel rooms in Smedjan or Mejeriet, you’re invited to enjoy our breakfast buffet, which is also served in the Manor between 8:30 and 10 AM.
Our hotel rooms:
Tofta Manor’s main building is heritage listed and therefore does not have any hotel rooms. Hotel rooms are available in two buildings situated a short walk from the Manor: Smedjan (the Smithy) to the left and Mejeriet (the Dairy) to the right. We have chosen to decorate our hotel rooms in a slightly more modern style than the one you find in the mansion itself. All rooms are bright and rustic with comfortable beds. Breakfast is served in the Manor's main building.
- Three-course menu
- Breakfast in the Manor
- Backpack with afternoon “fika”