Julbord at Tofta Manor
Enjoy a top-notch Swedish julbord in our Christmas-decorated manor - a unique Advent experience that has become an annual tradition for many of our guests. White tablecloths, beautiful Christmas flower arrangements, lit candles, and a warm and cozy atmosphere. As usual, we will serve our julbord in the Manor kitchen where the chefs are on hand to talk all things about our Christmas food. Tofta Manor is situated by the sea between Marstrand and Kungälv, only half an hour by car from Gothenburg.
Classic Bohuslän julbord (Christmas smorgasbord)
We wish you a warm welcome to experience good old-fashioned Swedish Christmas spirit as well as excellent food!
The restaurant is located in the manor's main building, which is heritage listed. Tofta manor and farm is family-owned and we have been arranging Christmas smorgasbord for almost 30 years now. We set the table for the guests in our three dining rooms on the ground floor. The rooms are of different sizes and offer a genuine and warm feeling.
So far, we plan to arrange the julbord as usual this year. We hope that the pandemic is at a level that allows this in time before Advent 2021. Should this not be the case, we have our "seated Christmas table", which we ran last year as a backup solution. However, we keep our fingers crossed so we can serve our julbord in the Manor kitchen where you have the chefs on hand if you want to talk about Christmas food.
We plan to serve julbord here all days of the week both lunch and dinner, except the first couple of Mondays.
Welcome to Tofta Herrgård! Best regards Karen & Petter Karlander with staff
A bit more about the food:
- Our herring and fish buffet is especially popular with our guests. Our many types of herring are accompanied by side dishes including the unsweetened traditional Bohuslän äggosten (egg cheese) – you’ll find the sweetened äggost at the dessert table!
- Ham, pâté, brawn, game and sausages are traditionally found at a Swedish julbord, but there is always room for a few new dishes and flavours each year.
- Warm dishes – from stock fish to ribs – are served on the manor kitchen’s original, black iron stove.
- We spend a lot of time to make several types of home baked bread, sauces and marmalades, for that extra touch.
- At the end of the meal, be tempted by delicious cheeses and a dessert buffet. Don’t miss our candy cupboard, filled to the brim with sweets for young and old!
Information about how we handle the pandemic
♥️ Here at Tofta Herrgård/ Tofta Manor we follow the development closely and act according to the recommendations of the Public Health Authority. The safety and security of our guests and employees is always our top priority. Click here to read more about how we handle covid-19 >>
♥️ Due to the current situation we put extra distance between the tables.
♥️ We have three separate dining rooms, and take a limited number of guests.
|Tue. - Thur.||Fri.||Sat. & Sun.|
|Julbord afternoon & evening||635:-||735:-||735:-|
|Glögg (glühwein) & coffee is included in the price.
Children up to 5 years = 90:-, 6-12 years= 1/2 price