Horses and courses package
In conjunction with Stall Tofta, operating out of the Manor’s heritage-listed stables, we offer a riding package for those enjoying the finer things in life! Experience the beautiful nature of the Tofta Peninsula on horse-back, combined with great food & drink and the Manor’s unique atmosphere.
Stall Tofta (Tofta Stables) offers trail riding with good and safe Icelandic horses through the beautiful surrounds around the Manor and Tofta nature reserve. The ride goes through forests and along the beach, offering stunning views. Bohuslän at its very best! We can guarantee you a great nature experience. Ride in groups of between 2 and 8 people for about two hours. We will take a short break during the ride, for tea/coffee and a bit to eat. We ride all year round, including in a little rain or bad weather.
You can choose the time of the ride. Rides take place on Saturday and Sundays at 10am and about 4pm. During summer, rides are held every day of the week, except Fridays. Please nominate your preferred riding time when booking.
Please note! We reserve the right to deny bookings if rides are full. If that is the case, we will get back to you with information and will try to help find an alternative.
- At 7pm (7.30pm in summer), we serve the evening’s three-course Manor menu with flavours of the season local produce. We have three dining rooms of different size – all beautiful and preserved just the way they were at the Manor in the past. Please ask if you and your company wish to dine privately.
- After a good night’s sleep in one of our hotel rooms in Smedjan, you’re invited to enjoy our breakfast buffet, which is also served in the Manor between 8:30 and 10:00 AM.
Rail riding information from Stall Tofta:
- Our horses are safe and secure and we can match you with a suitable horse based on your experience. We can also accommodate beginners. Before departure, depending on experience, we will hold a brief instruction in the paddock to ensure everyone has a great ride. Our trail riding has been authorised by the Swedish Icelandic Horse Association.
- Minimum age is 12 years, but exceptions can be made for experienced young riders.
- Maximum weight is 95 kg.
- Helmets are available for use.
- In case of bad weather, bring suitable clothes as well as a change of clothes.
- For a more comfortable ride, wear comfortable clothes and shoes with a low heel.
- All riding is undertaken at your own risk, however, all customers are covered by accident insurance.
Our hotel rooms:
Tofta Manor’s main building is heritage listed and therefore does not have any hotel rooms. Hotel rooms are available in two buildings situated a short walk from the main building: Smedjan (the Smithy) to the left and Mejeriet (the Dairy) to the right.
- Three-course menu
- Breakfast in the Manor
- Trail riding on Icelandic horses